Construction workers helping each other walk after being injured.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn

Question: I got injured at work. Is there any way that someone is responsible for my expenses and lost income?

Answer: I’m assuming your employer is covered by Workforce Safety and Insurance (Worker’s Compensation). If that is the case, then you have a claim for benefits under that insurance. Workforce Safety and Insurance should cover your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages.

As for the rest of your lost wages and losses for pain and suffering, you cannot sue your employer, as the law does not allow it. However, if your injury was the result of the negligence of someone who was not working for the same employer as you, or was the result of a defective tool or machine, you may have a claim against another party. You should contact an attorney with the facts of your case to find out what your rights are.

Contact our experienced personal injury attorneys today to learn how we can help you.