North Dakota Criminal Defense Attorney
Representing All Types of Criminal Cases in Minot, Grand Forks, Bottineau & Beyond
Any criminal conviction, even for a minor misdemeanor, can cause long-term issues, including jail or prison time, job loss, loss of reputation or family, a loss of your good credit, and a criminal record. For these reasons and more, you need a skilled criminal lawyer in Minot, ND on your side. The legal team at Pringle & Herigstad, P.C. have decades of experience and in-depth knowledge and can help you in both local state and federal courts.
If you have been accused of a crime, contact a criminal defense attorney in Minot today at (855) 245-5100 to schedule a free initial case consultation.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases we Handle
Our areas of practice include the following, and more:
- Computer crimes
- Credit or debit card fraud
- Criminal facilitation
- Criminal mischief
- Disorderly conduct
- Domestic violence
- Driving under suspension
- Drug possession and trafficking
- Fraud charges
- Gun and weapons crimes
- Theft crimes, such as larceny, robbery, and burglary
- Money laundering
- Attempted murder, murder, and negligent homicide
- Restraining order violations
- Sex offenses
It is important to retain a North Dakota criminal defense attorney soon after your arrest or when you learn of an accusation against you so we can begin building a strong case on your behalf. Let Pringle & Herigstad, P.C. assist you. Call (855) 245-5100 today.
DUI Defense in North Dakota
When you have been pulled over on a North Dakota roadway, the burden of proving your guilt falls onto the prosecution. However, public opinion is always against those accused of driving under the influence, even if there are extenuating circumstances or false-positive results in blood, breath, or field sobriety tests.
Penalties are harsh and cases can often be incredibly complex, which is why you need a DUI lawyer in Minot, ND with extensive experience and an ability to fight hard on your behalf. The team at Pringle & Herigstad, P.C. are well-versed in helping clients through a variety of alcohol charges, including APC, DUI, refusals, and more.
What To Do If Pulled Over For Potential DUI
If you are pulled over for potentially driving under the influence it is important to remember the following:
- DO speak to an attorney: No matter what you do, insist on speaking with an attorney prior to doing any tests. You will eventually have to take chemical tests. Once the police officer advises you that you need to take this test or he will consider it a refusal, take the test. You need to be adamant that you want to speak to a North Dakota DUI attorney. You cannot say to the police officer that you are thinking of talking to an attorney. You need to specifically state "I want to speak to an attorney prior to taking any tests!"
- DO take the chemical tests: You will need to take any chemical tests that the police officer requests. If you fail to take a chemical test, you will lose your license for up to four years. Examples of a chemical test are 1) portable breath tests; 2) breath tests; and 3) blood tests.
- DO get your own test: You have a right to have your own blood or breath sample collected within the two (2) hours from the time you were last seen driving your vehicle or in actual physical control of a motor vehicle for further testing. The test sample/result the police officer obtained cannot be used against you in any proceeding if the police officer does not allow you to obtain your own sample. In order to take advantage of this right, you need to be adamant and clear that you want your own test. You cannot tell the police officer that you might want your own test. You must state "I want my own test!"
- DO NOT take field sobriety tests: The police officer(s) will more than likely ask you to perform field sobriety tests. You do not have to perform a field sobriety test. Examples of a field sobriety test are as follows: 1) one-legged stand; 2) walk the line; 3) Horizontal Gaze Nastagmus (HGN); 4) alphabet tests; 5) count backward; 6) finger dexterity.
Why Hire Pringle & Herigstad, P.C.
We understand that your life very much hangs in the balance when it comes to the success of your case. We're not pulling any punches and our legal team has a reputation for providing aggressive legal defense in and out of the courtroom.
What Sets Us Apart?
- A law firm with 100+ years of experience
- Three convenient office locations in Minot, Grand Forks, and Bottineau
- Free, no-obligation case evaluations
If you've been charged with a crime, it's important that you defend your rights and contact an attorney as soon as possible.